A.P. Computer Science
AP COMPUTER SCIENCE (STEM, & Computer Science Pathway)
10, 11, 12
A.P. Computer Science is a year-long course in computer science. A large part of the course is built around the development of computer programs or parts of programs that correctly solve a given problem. The course emphasizes the design issues that make programs understandable, adaptable, and when appropriate, reusable. The development of useful computer programs and program modules is used as a context for introducing other important concepts in computer science, including the development and use of fundamental data structures, and the study of standard algorithms and typical applications. In addition, use of these systems is an integral part of the course. Students can receive college credit by receiving a qualifying score on the A.P. Computer Science test.
JAVA is the featured language of A.P. Computer Science.
- Composition Notebook
- 1 Red Pen & 1 Blue or Black Pen
- USB Drive
1. Course fee of $94.00 for the A.P. Examination.
2. All students taking A.P. Computer Science will be required to attempt the Advanced Placement Examination in order to receive the weighted credit for this course.
3. There will also be a mandatory parent/student meeting in April that will cover class expectations. At that time, parent and student will sign an AP contract.
4. Prerequisite: Introduction to Computer Science or Instructor approval
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN A.P. COMPUTER SCIENCE:
Computer Programmer Computer Engineer Web Designer Video Game Designer